Image Map

Monday, October 11, 2010

Lauri's Wedding Cake


A 3-tier wedding cake that we delivered to Drift Cafe in Milton (that view of the river forms the whole back wall of the room) last weekend. 

This cake was based on an AbFab Cake design.  The original cake had a lot more roses on the top and cascading down the right side of the cake but I was asked to make it a bit simpler and to add lilies. 

The bottom tier was a wonderfully fragrant fruit cake made by Julie, a good friend of the bride's mum and one of the nicest people I know.  This is the third time I have collaborated with Julie and every time I removed the baking paper wrapped around one of Julie's fruit cakes, I would hope that there will be some crumbs stuck to the paper.  So far, no such luck.  Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment